CONTRACT AND PAYMENT :
- Payment can be made at reservation time or before your arrival.
- Either by bank credit card Visa or Mastercard (we have a bank approval of distance sale).
- Or by bank cheque, 21 working days before your arrival.
- On the spot at your arrival and before taking charge of the vehicle, only by bank card or by cash (Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard and American Express).
- No payment by cheque is accepted as an accidental damage excess guarantee. (See conditions)
- The rental contract is made at the delivery of the vehicle.
- The name appearing on the reservation file must be that of the main driver. He must be present at the signing of the contract and he is the person designated to handle all rental fees.
- The designated renter on the rental contract must be able, if necessary, at the request of the hirer or his representative, to provide his personal information (passport, identity card or any other documents proving the authenticity of his personal information).
- There may be 2 additional drivers on payment of 10 € for each additional driver and for the entire term of the rental.
- The driving licences are mandatory for all vehicle rentals.
- For non citizens of the European Union, an international driving licence is highly recommended to facilitate translation and it must be accompanied by the national driving licence.
- Reference of a credit card is mandatory for the accidental damage excess guarantee linked to the vehicle rental, mandatory taxes, additional options, or to any other fees not paid at reservation time or due after the vehicle has been returned.
- An insurance is included at the beginning of the rental, comprising a variable accidental damage excess according to the category of the rented vehicle, which remains at the charge of the renter in case of damage caused to the rented vehicle (Theft of vehicle or damages caused).
- It amounts to 1500 €, for categories A-B-C-D-F-E, and from 3000 € to 5000 € according to the type of vehicle for categories, “Superior” or “Prestige”.
- A reduced accidental damage excess can be applied on payment of 10 € for extra fees per rental day, decreasing the amount of the accidental damage excess to 750 € for categories A-B-C-D-F-E, and of 15 € for categories “Superior” or “Prestige”, with the exception of “Prestige” vehicles qualifying for an “all risks” insurance without reduction of the accidental damage excess.
- The complete cancellation of the accidental damage excess can be applied on payment of 20 € for extra fees per rental day, only for vehicles of categories A-B-C-D-F-E, vehicles of “Superior” and “Prestige” categories are excluded.
- Upscale bank cards such as Visa First and Business, Gold Mastercard and Business, Visa Infinite, Business Card and American Express Gold, Silver and Black, exempt from additional insurance and cover the entire amount of accidental damage excess in case payment is made with one of these cards, and such, necessarily before taking the vehicle in charge. This provision applies only to vehicles of categories A-B-C-D-F-E-, “Superior” or “Prestige” categories are excluded.
DELIVERIES - RETURNS - RESTIUTIONS - EQUIPMENTS :
- Vehicles are delivered in perfect running condition, clean and with a full fuel tank.
- A check of the general state of the vehicle, its equipments, and accessories is carried out and notified on the rental contract, at the beginning of the rental as well as on return of the vehicle turned in at the end of the rental period.
- The missing fuel at the restitution of the vehicle will be billed for the difference, remaining at the charge of the hirer designated on the rental contract.
- Baby’s and child’s seats, also raising pads, to EU standards are available on payment of 10 € per rental.
- All vehicles are equipped with a “Security kit” comprising a fluorescent jacket and a warning triangle. If the “Security kit” is given back incomplete or if lost, a penalty of 15 € will be billed on return of the vehicle.
- All vehicles are delivered with a spare tyre and its tools, or properly equipped with a “repair and inflating kit”. If one of the elements or all of its equipments are missing on return of the vehicle, they will be replaced on payment of a detailed invoice paid or charged to the designated hirer mentioned on the rental contract.
- The same goes for vehicles equipped with “anti-theft nuts” and a dissembling cap situated under the spare tyre and which in case of loss will require the changing of all the protections attached to the 4 wheels of the rented vehicle, the replacement of this equipment will be carried out on payment of a detailed invoice paid or charged to the designated hirer mentioned on the rental contract.
- A flat additional charge of 20 € will also be applied for vehicles returned in a very untidy state inside, (inside and trunk of vehicle).
- The delivery and return of vehicles is free of charge 7 days out of 7, and such until 8:00 p.m.
- After 8:00 p.m. an additional charge for exceptional transfer will be applied according to the duration of the mission requested and billed at a flat rate of 20 € an hour of long distance transfer outside the agency.
- The same goes for reservations for which the time of arrival or the destination arranged at reservation would be postponed and which would not be sufficiently in advance notified to the rental agency, preventing the latter from carrying out its welcoming mission under the reservation conditions initially concluded.
- Under these conditions, an additional charge of 20 € per transfer hour will then be applied for the new transfer or trip to put in place.
- In case of cancellation within less than 48 hours, one rental day will be billed at the normal rate of a day to which category the previously reserved vehicle belongs.
- Rentals that have started are not reimbursed or discounted in case the designated renter discontinues the contract concluded between him and the SARL GOLFE CAR RENTAL, the totality of the rental remaining acquired by the SARL GOLFE CAR RENTAL.